Kultusminister Konferenz

Schriftgröße ändern

Zum Ändern der Schriftgröße verwenden Sie bitte die Funktionalität Ihres Browsers. Die Tastatur-Kurzbefehle lauten folgendermaßen:

[Strg]-[+] Schrift vergrößern
[Strg]-[-] Schrift verkleinern
[Strg]-[0] Schriftgröße zurücksetzen


Skilled Immigration Act – Fast-Track Procedure

To fast-track the procedure, the application for a statement of comparability for a foreign university degree leading to a non-regulated profession in Germany has to be submitted to the ZAB by the local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde).

More information:

For companies – Do you want to employ a skilled worker from abroad?

Do you want to employ a skilled worker from abroad and apply for the fast-track procedure according to Section 81a of the Residence Act (§ 81a AufenthG)?

Please select the point of contact responsible for your federal state from the following list.

You can find information about employing foreign skilled workers on the Federal Ministry of Education and Research's (BMBF) web portal Unternehmen Berufsanerkennung.

For a quick overview, please refer to the Federal Employment Agency’s (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) brochure Das Fachkräfteeinwanderungsgesetz.

For skilled workers – Do you have a job offer from Germany?

You are a skilled worker from abroad and you have an employment contract or were offered a job in Germany?

Your future employer can apply for the fast-track procedure for skilled workers at their local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) so you can move to Germany and start working sooner.

Do you have questions regarding living and working in Germany?

If you have questions about immigrating to Germany, please contact the Service Center for Professional Recognitionor the Hotline "Working and Living in Germany" at +49 30181-1111.

The Federal German Government’s web portal Make-it-in-Germany provides in-depth information about the Fast-Track Procedure and the Skilled Immigration Act for skilled workers and companies.