The Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) strives to help slow down the spread of the Coronavirus and COVID-19. We ask for your understanding that the protection and prevention measures have priority over the processing of applications.
Thank you for your understanding.
We can only process your application, if the required documentation is submitted in the correct form. Therefore, please follow these steps:
- Please go to the page Documents for the Application and download the checklist.
- Please provide the required copies of the documents, where necessary in certified form.
- Please open the application form (link below) and fill it in.
If you would like to apply for a Blue Card:
Enter "Blue Card angestrebt" in the field "Purpose of application".
If you already have an employment contract:
Enter "Blue Card beantragen" in the field "Purpose of application" and tick the box "Arbeitsvertrag für Blue Card liegt bei".
- Send the form by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
- IMPORTANT! A new page with a link to the filled in pdf document opens.
- Please click the link. Then print and save the pdf document.
- Sign the printed form.
- Send the form together with the complete documentation by post to the address given on the front page of the application form.
Blue Card: Please do not forget to enclose your employment contract. We can accelerate the processing of your application only if you have enclosed your employment contract.
- Following the receipt of your application, we will send you a notification of fees by email.
- Please transfer the fee within the given period. The processing of your application begins once the payment has been received.
- Should you wish the assessment of several qualifications, please fill in a separate application form for each degree.
In case of important questions we will contact you by email. Therefore, please indicate an active and permanent email address and check your mailbox regularly.