In Germany the EU Blue Card can only be obtained from the "Ausländerbehörde" (foreigners’ authority).
- The applicant is holder of a foreign higher education qualification comparable to a German degree.
- A minimum annual gross salary must be earned.
For more information visit the homepage of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees.
The Statement of Comparability confirms to the "Ausländerbehörde" that your foreign higher education qualification is comparable to a German degree. The Statement of Comparability can speed up the processing of your application through the "Ausländerbehörde".
Statements of Comparability for the purpose of applying for a Blue Card will be issued, as a rule, within two weeks provided that
- the application is complete and the required documentation is enclosed,
- we receive the payment within seven working days.
Due to the short period of issue, please note the following:
- Please follow the general application steps.
- Write "Blue Card" in the text field "Purpose of Application" (step 1 of the web form).
- Write "Blue Card" in the text field "Purpose of Application" (step 4 of the PDF file).
- Enclose a copy of your employment contract.
- You will receive an email notification of fees.
- Please transfer the fee on the next working day at the latest.
- Once the payment has been received, the processing of your application begins immediately.