Kultusminister Konferenz

Schriftgröße ändern

Zum Ändern der Schriftgröße verwenden Sie bitte die Funktionalität Ihres Browsers. Die Tastatur-Kurzbefehle lauten folgendermaßen:

[Strg]-[+] Schrift vergrößern
[Strg]-[-] Schrift verkleinern
[Strg]-[0] Schriftgröße zurücksetzen


We are currently experiencing delays in the processing time of the Statement of Comparability.  More information

Statement of Comparability for an EU Blue Card

Do you have a job offer from Germany and want to apply for an EU Blue Card at your immigration office? A Statement of Comparability certifies that your degree is equivalent to a German university degree.

How to apply for a Statement of Comparability for the EU Blue Card

A Statement of Comparability for an EU Blue Card will usually be issued after a processing time of 2 weeks. With your help we can process your application as quickly as possible.

  • Submit all of the documents
    Check carefully whether your documents for the application are complete before you submit your application. The processing time begins once we have received all of the documents.
  • Don’t forget your employment contract
    Submit a photocopy of your new employment contract. The employment contract has to be signed by you and by your employer in Germany. If you do not have a contract yet, you can submit a confirmation of employment letter signed by your future employer instead.
  • Fill out the application form correctly
    In the application form, tick the box "I need a Statement of Comparability to apply for an EU Blue Card. I have enclosed a photocopy of my employment contract." and select "EU Blue Card" as the purpose of your application.

    Click to enlarge:
  • Pay the fee
    After your application has been received by post, we will email you our notification of fees. Paying the fee within one week helps to make sure you receive the Statement of Comparability for your EU Blue Card application as soon as possible.

How to apply for an EU Blue Card

You have to apply for an EU Blue Card at the immigration office at your future place of residence in Germany. You can find your immigration office on the website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees.

EU Blue Card FAQ

What is an EU Blue Card?

The EU Blue Card is a residency title for university graduates from non-EU countries. This website of Germany's Federal Foreign Office provides a general overview of this topic.

Where do I find information about the EU Blue Card?

Where can I apply for an EU Blue Card?

You have to apply at an immigration office.

Do you have any questions?

Please email us at zabservice@kmk.org.
If you have questions regarding an existing application, please state the registration number in your email.

You can also contact us by phone.

Our support team looks forward to your message.